2015 Airport Day
- Our sponsors: the City of Spartanburg, Spartanburg Humane Society and Spartanburg Pilots Association.
- Our exhibitors: Aero II Inc, Bird’s Eye Balloon, Bragg Waste Services, Carolina Flight Services, Carolina Gourmet Sno Cones, Carolina Soaring Association, Fuddrucker’s Fudd Truck, Heaven’s Landing, JAARS, Lifestyle Aviation, Marine Recruiting | US Marine Corps, Pilots N Paws, Pivotal Aviation, RCA Flyers, SC State Aeronautics, Shriners Clown Unit, Shriners Hillbilly Motorcade, Thrive Life, Upstate Warriors, US Aero Flight and Will & Kris Amusements.
- Our volunteers: members of the Spartanburg Pilots Association, as well as Airport Staffers Aaron Wrendall, Anna Kehidata, Beth Lopez, Cameron Adams, Josh Shackley, Phillip Pryor and Stephen Bridges. I’d also like to thank Derenda Foster of the Fire Department and the City of Spartanburg Fire Department members for being on scene, Sharon Spence of Traffic Engineering and Tim Atkins of Public Works for getting all the extra equipment we needed, as well as Sonya Culbreth of Communications & Marketing and Mandy Merck of Special Events for their help in marketing our special event.
- A big thank you to Hamp Lindsey of Wade’s for providing our volunteers lunch during the setup of Airport Day on Friday, and to Scott Griffin of Taco Dog for providing the evening meal for volunteers.
- And lastly, the Steering Committee, who met monthly to plan Airport Day: Anna Kehidata, Terry Connorton, Adam Lockamy, Bill Brightman, Ed Vess, Joe Sessoms and Ueli Schmid.
2014 Airport Day
This year we plan to bring our aviation passion and interests in helping the Spartanburg Humane Society in their mission of providing a humane method for managing the county's homeless animal population.
We also plan to have Pilot n Paws and animal aviation related organizations join us in this event.
The Spartanburg Pilots Association will be assisting in this event, so we will need volunteers to help make this day a safe and successful event.
As we bring in many exhibits and vendors, we are going to need all your help in assisting to set up, managing certain areas, and providing a safe environment in the Airport.
We have an opportunity to complete four of our mission statements with this one event:
· Promote aviation in Spartanburg County
· Promote aviation safety
· Provide aviation education
· Further interest in aviation